Government of India had made it mandatory to Link Aadhaar With Pan Card else you won’t be able to process your income tax return. If you want to make a transaction above Rs. 50,000 (fifty thousand) then you should have your aadhaar linked to your pan card else your bank won’t process the amount. The steps to link aadhaar with pan card is simple.
Do keep in mind that the deadline for linking your Aadhaar card with PAN Card ends on 30th June 2020.
How To Link Aadhaar With Pan Card Online
You can link your Aadhaar with Pan Card online by following the steps mentioned below.
- First, you need to visit the official website of Income Tax e-Filing.
- You need to click the link called ‘Link Aadhaar‘ under Quick Links situated in the left panel.
- Once the page opens up, you need to fill-up the form with the following details
- Your PAN number
- Your Aadhaar Card Number
- Name as per your Aadhaar Card
- Click on the checkbox where it says ‘I agree to validate my Aadhaar details with UIDAI’
- After filling up the form, enter the captcha code which is mentioned in the image.
- Once done click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button placed at the bottom of the form.
- You will be greeted with a pop-up message where it will be mentioned that you have successfully linked your Aadhaar with Pan Card.
Visually challenged people can request for an OTP to their registered mobile number instead of using the captcha code.
How To Link Aadhaar With PAN By SMS
You do get the option to link aadhaar with PAN by SMS as well. It’s a useful feature that available for you. The steps mentioned below will help you to link aadhaar with PAN by SMS.
- First, you need to open your SMS section on your mobile phone.
- After that type, a message in the format mentioned below. UIDPAN<Your12 Digit Aadhaar Number><Your 10 Digit PAN Number>
- Send the SMS to 567678 or 56464 from your registered mobile number.
How To Link Aadhaar With Pan Card Video
Unable To Link Aadhaar With PAN
It is mandatory to link your aadhaar with PAN card before the deadline ends, else your PAN will be de-activated by the Income Tax Department. Do keep in mind that your name should be the same on both the documents (PAN Card & Aadhaar Card). If there is a spelling mistake, then you will be unable to link Aadhaar with PAN.
Follow the steps mentioned below to correct your name in PAN card.
- You need to go to e-filing website of NSDL.
- You should select ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN data’ from the drop-down menu.
- After that, select the individual category and enter your details.
- Process the payment and submit the form online.
- Your updated PAN will be delivered to your address.
- Once you get your new PAN, you will be able to link your Aadhaar with PAN without any issue.
Follow the steps mentioned below if your name is not spelt correctly in your Aadhaar Card.
- You should go to the Aadhaar Enrolment Center near your place.
- Do carry a self-attested copy of your id proof.
- You need to fill up the Aadhaar Enrolment Form over there.
- After that, you should submit the form along with your id-proof.
- You will get an acknowledgement slip along with a request number.
- Once your request is processed, you will be able to like your Aadhaar with your PAN card.
If you want to check your PAN Aadhaar Link Status Online, then you will be able to view it from the e-filing portal of our Income Tax Department.