Aadhaar is an identification card used across the country to provide proof of identity and proof of address. The card — which is created by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India — is provided to Indian citizens who have a personal identification number with 12 digits on it.
You should link Aadhaar with voter id card to avoid any kind of harassment in the future.
Important Contents In This Article
How To Link Aadhaar With Voter ID Card?
The linking of the Aadhaar number with the voter ID card of each individual is one of the most effective means for eradication of fraudulent voter ID cards.
This decision has been taken due to the fact that there were people who actually carried multiple voter ID cards. In order to ensure the legitimacy of the electoral roll, voter cards must be linked to Aadhaar cards.
One voter ID card could not be linked to more than one Aadhaar number since the Aadhaar number has biometric details of an individual. There are a variety of ways through which voter ID can be connected to Aadhaar.
This document will guide you through the process of linking your Aadhaar card with your voter ID.
How to Link Voter ID with Aadhaar Using SMS?
Aadhaar card can be linked with voter identification by sending an SMS message. The following steps need to be followed
- You need to write an SMS in a format mentioned below
- <SPACE><EPIC Number or Voter ID card number>< SPACE><Aadhaar No.>
- Now sent the SMS to 166 or 51969.
- Note that the message must be sent from your registered mobile number else the linking of the documents will not be possible.
How To Link Your Voter ID With Aadhaar Online Through NVSP Portal?
To link Aadhaar with voter ID card online, you can use the National Voter’s Service Portal (NVSP). Follow the instructions below to link the two identity cards together.
- Visit the site of the National Voter Service Portal (NVSP).
- Enter your name, state, district, father’s name, or date of birth (DOB), etc. to find your electoral details.
- After that, click on ‘Search’.
- If the information on your voter registration card matches the information in the Voter Identification Database of the Election Commission, you can check the details of your voter identification card.
- You will see an option called ‘Feed Aadhaar Number’ on the details page. Please click on it.
- A new pop-up window will open, set the details according to the Aadhaar card, for instance, the Aadhaar number, the EPIC number contained on the voter identification card, the registered phone number, if any, and the registered email address.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- A notification will be sent to you if your application has been successfully linked to an Aadhaar number.
- Then, your Aadhaar number will be verified, and once that is done, your voter ID will be linked to your Aadhaar number.
How To Link Aadhaar Card With Voter Card Offline ?
Your Aadhaar card and voter ID card can be directly linked by applying online at the concerned booth level officer. Ask the Election Commission of India website to locate the BLO nearest to you, once the BLO has verified the information the two documents will be linked together.
How To Link Aadhaar Card With Voter Card Through Phone?
Linking of your Aadhaar with your Voter ID can also be done by calling 1950 on weekdays between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and providing your Voter ID and Aadhaar card information for the purpose of linking.
Questions Related To Link Aadhaar With Voter ID Card
Q. Is it Necessary to link voter ID with Aadhaar?
Ans. It is not mandatory for Indians to link their Aadhaar card with their voter ID, but it is a good citizenry to go ahead and do so.
Q. Can I check whether my Aadhaar card has been linked to my voter ID or not?
Ans. You can ensure that your Aadhaar is linked to your voter ID card by visiting the Permanent Enrollment Center.
Q. What are the Benefits of Linking Aadhaar with a Voters Card?
Ans. Linking the Aadhaar card with the voter card allows us to track and deactivate bogus or fraudulent voter ID cards.
Q. Is Aadhaar proof of nationality?
Ans. UIDAI reports that Aadhaar is not a document of citizenship, and the Aadhaar Act mandates that it will verify residency of an individual in India for at least 182 days prior to submitting an application for Aadhaar.