Uses and Benefits of Aadhaar Card
The UIDAI issues the Aadhaar Card on behalf of the Indian government as a 12-digit unique identification number for every resident in India. This article will cover the list of documents required for Aadhaar card application, add more to it from another document, or update your address on the card.
If you want an Aadhaar card, fill out a form online on the UIDAI website, and submit it to any one of the Aadhaar enrollment centres.
Furthermore, the applicant also needs to provide self-attested copies of supporting documents required for an Aadaar verification.
These documents are divided into four categories – new Aadhaar card application, change of details on the Aadhaar card.
Documents Required For New Aadhaar Card
Aadhaar registration requires you to submit identity proof from which of the following documents:
- You can use your passport to apply for your Aadhar card.
- Label or State Identity Card
- You can provide your PAN card
- You may provide either a ration card or a voter ID card, and your photo identity must be the first one on your list of documents.
- Driver’s license
- Photo identification cards from the Government of India
- Photo ID card, which a PSU has issued.
- A photo identification that a Recognised Educational Institute issues.
- You can provide your License of Arms.
- A certificate of marriage is also a valid document.
- A document containing proof of the marriage of the applicant issued originally by the marriage Registrar (which is mandatory to submit after marriage)
Documents Required For Aadhaar Card Registration As An Address Proof
Documents that authenticate one’s residential address are among the essential documents needed when applying for the Aadhaar card at an authorised centre.
Aadhaar cards are sent to the address specified by the applicant on the application.
Therefore, these documents must be valid. Aadhaar cards may not be issued to applicants if they fail to provide the correct address proof or update it.
UIDAI accepts the following documents as proof of identity for Aadhaar registration:
- Your Passport is a document that tells where you live.
- You can submit your bank’s Passbook.
- Account statement or passbook of the Post Office
- Your Ration Card
- Voter Identification card
- You can give your Driving licence
- Government photo identification cards.
- PSU issued a photo ID card. The card should include your residential address.
- Your electricity bill from the last three months.
- Water bills up to 3 months old are acceptable.
- The bill for the last three months of the landline phone.
- A receipt of the property tax paid for the last three months.
- Credit Card statement for the last three months
- The Aadhar Card requires a copy of the residential address issued by the Village Panchayat head or any authority equivalent to them for rural areas.
- You can provide your vehicle registration certificate.
- A registered agreement for the sale, lease, or rental of the applicant’s residential address.
Documents Required For Aadhaar Card for Children
The list of documents required for issuing an Aadhaar card for children is similar to that of applicants over 18.
One of the parents has to provide their Aadhaar copy and submit documents required by regular applicants obtaining a child’s Aadhar card.
Below the age of 5, children don’t have to submit their fingerprints. A child is eligible for their biometric data once they turn five years of age.
This article will tell you everything you need to know about the documents required for your child’s Aadhaar card.
- Proof of residence is one of the documents needed for applying for an Aadhar card.
- A document proving your identity
- Certificate of birth
- An Aadhaar card of either parent
Below is a list of documents accepted as identification proof
- Passport Copy
- PAN Card Copy
- Voter ID Copy
- Driving License
The following documents are acceptable as proof of address:
- Copy of spouse’s passport
- A copy of the ration card
- Voter identification card
- Driving License
- Statement of credit card activity (last three months)
- Bank Statement Or Passbook
- (Last three months) Electricity bill
- Water bill (Last three months)
- Gas Connection Bill (Last three months)
- Landline Phone Bill (Last three months)
FAQ’s On Documents Required For Aadhaar
What are the documents required for an Aadhaar Card for NRI?
The following documents are required for NRIs to obtain an Aadhaar card:
Photo ID Proof
Is it possible to get an Aadhar card without any documents?
The Aadhaar card can be applied for by the head of family (HoF) or introducer in the absence of any documents.
What documents are needed for changing one’s surname on an Aadhar card?
Aadhaar card holders can change their surname after marriage by providing any of the following documents:
Voter ID card